Question:
Need the name of a good blues Cd?
Boo
2007-05-14 22:36:34 UTC
It has a mixture of songs by all the greats such as Johnnie Taylor, Bobbie Bland etc. Or if you know of a good one I'm needing to get one for a Father's Day gift.
25 answers:
obyc200
2007-05-16 06:57:22 UTC
Atlantic Records.........has a 4 CD set.......number 7 82309-2...........trust me........good stuff
2007-05-15 15:12:04 UTC
Time Life Music's "Living the Blues".

It's a three cd set

Blues Masters

Blues Greats

Blues Legends

36 great tunes including 3 Bobby Bland songs.
2007-05-16 19:00:13 UTC
The Blues is Alright vol1-4. There are some good blues singers on these CD's. Bobby Blue Bland, B.B. King, Little Milton, Denise LaSalle, Z.Z. Hill, Lattimore, McKinley Mitchell-just to name a few.
2007-05-14 22:55:03 UTC
Try BB King 'Blues Summit' Having Lots of fun with the blues Duos with the the likes of Robert Cray, Lowell Fulsom, Katie Webster. If i was your Dad Id want it
Stan S
2007-05-17 17:45:48 UTC
Robert Cray "Strong Persuader"

John Lee Hooker "The Very Best of John Lee Hooker"

There is also a series of discs called "Blues Masters" They show case the different types of blues out there. One of my favs is the Volume 3: Texas Blues.
SL A
2007-05-15 12:33:46 UTC
Agree with a few of these. Keb Mo has a few which are great. Charlie Musslewhite has some brilliant albums and the Paul Greenfield Band's first two are great.
2007-05-15 13:58:18 UTC
Stevie Ray Vaughan

The Sky is Crying
Chris B
2007-05-15 11:48:46 UTC
Get him "Two Sides Of If" by Vivian Campbell or Keb' Mo's first CD "Keb Mo". Keb mo does a couple of Robert Johnson songs on that one, and Viv Campbell does a variety of covers from Willie Dixon and others.
joplinfan
2007-05-15 02:49:12 UTC
I really don't know where such a collection can be found, but try looking for some Bessie Smith, Big Mama Thornton, Odetta CDs.

I really hope I've helped! ;)))
2007-05-18 08:38:36 UTC
If I was you i would go for , The Blues (A musical journey)

by Martin Scorsese (4 CD Set)
IggySpirit
2007-05-16 11:07:16 UTC
Rolling Stones "England's Newest Hitmakers"
keeprockin
2007-05-15 00:53:40 UTC
I don't know if these are good or not,I'm only familiar with Jesse Fuller

http://www.acerecords.co.uk/content.php?page_id=59&release=125

Unfortunately,this is a 3 CD set,but if you click the album option and write 'Blues' something will come up.
?
2007-05-15 20:07:12 UTC
Check out Watermelon Slim. Real honest blues.
♥ Cassie ♥
2007-05-15 04:38:13 UTC
Eric Clapton - From the Cradle

It's all covers of old blues songs.
mojo3879
2007-05-17 13:39:25 UTC
Electric Mud by Muddy Waters - Arguably the greatest bluesman of them all going electric...it's fabulous!
Kim
2007-05-14 22:45:00 UTC
i dont know where to get a mix of those.. but why dont you try looking in amazon.com and click on music then type blues or the artist your dad likes.. and search for a nice on.. click on the picture.. then the info on the disk is specified..

'hope this helped
Z(v)ekan
2007-05-15 04:31:15 UTC
I prefer old blues, especially Robert Johnson. I think he has a double anthology disc, it should be easy to find.
GreenEyes
2007-05-15 18:13:13 UTC
From the cradle.... Eric Clapton
2007-05-16 10:04:51 UTC
Get some new and fresh blues

Had to cry today - Joe Bonnamassa
acefrigginfrehley
2007-05-15 09:44:29 UTC
get him BB King "80"

It's a faboulous cd with alot of duos on it. He'll love it.
John C
2007-05-17 23:55:50 UTC
If your Dad is into the 60's music, you have to score Jimi Hendrix "Blues"!!!!!!!
Melissa H
2007-05-15 08:44:00 UTC
Any of the house of blues boxsets.
br@ini@c
2007-05-14 22:39:15 UTC
buy your Pop some Lightning Hopkins.
2007-05-15 17:18:28 UTC
B.B. King all the way! you cant go wrong with talent like that!
eric
2007-05-15 05:55:10 UTC
go for any of ..Rory Block.