Question:
what is the best album Bo Diddley has ever made or played on ?
klf
2007-05-21 20:37:52 UTC
what is the best album Bo Diddley has ever made or played on ?
Seven answers:
BentheHarpman
2007-05-22 23:40:48 UTC
Gunslinger is a good album.

Super Blues with Muddy Waters & Howlin' Wolf is also pretty cool.

I'd go with the aforementioned Chess 50th Anniversary Collection: His Best. It pretty much covers all of his classic tunes. But if you want to shell out the money, the Chess Box is also well worth your time and pocketbook.
WhoMe
2007-05-21 23:21:33 UTC
Bo Diddley's recorded over 20 albums since hooking up with Chess Records in 1958. Most of those have been rereleased on CD since 1985. There are a few album's that are "must have's"......."His Best (Chess 50th Anniversary Collection)", "500% More Man" and "Got Another Bag Of Tricks". Or, you could get "The Chess Box", which cover his biggest tracks on 2 discs. Great blues and primal Rock & Roll.
ligoneri
2007-05-23 06:18:56 UTC
I still have Bo Diddley on vinyl, I bought in the 60s. I saw him live then on a number of occasions, and I last saw him live about 15 years ago. Like many artists of his era. His albums overlap a lot, and his recent releases do not make good value for money. A great showman onstage, he used to have a female bass player, and a guy who only played maracas.
brian d
2007-05-22 02:48:53 UTC
the best lp by bo is

(the super blues lp ) with muddy waters &howlin wolf

1968 on chess crl 4537

also(bo diddley is a gun slinger) thisis rare worth about £300 in mint condition 1962 pye jazz njl 33

by the way bo has not been to well latley but should appear at the robin club soon in bilston where i live (great)
bumbleboi
2007-05-21 21:01:36 UTC
I know diddley about Bo Diddley I am afraid!
maria m
2007-05-22 15:43:47 UTC
booooooooooooooo diddley rocks someone beat me to it ^
dream theatre
2007-05-22 03:52:50 UTC
sorry i dont no a lot of his stuff .