Question:
I am crazy about Bobby "Blue" Bland. It amazes me the way he makes that growling sound with his throat.
2007-05-13 15:52:31 UTC
Does anyone know how he does that?
Seven answers:
tioshadow
2007-05-15 19:42:35 UTC
Bobby Blue Bland learned his signature growl from the Late Reverend C. L. Franklin, father of the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin
2007-05-15 02:22:32 UTC
Ya, he sounds pretty cool when he sings. You should find some of the work he did with BB King. Soudns awesome. Those two together were like cake n' Ice Cream!!
Stratobratster
2007-05-14 14:01:53 UTC
He is great and has a very unique voice. No I don't know how he does it. I would eventually love to get one or both of the live CDs he did with BB King.
BoosGrammy
2007-05-15 18:57:41 UTC
Thats just the way he sings. I like him too and I have alot of his cd's. His voice is excellent for Blues style.
stratplayer1967
2007-05-14 13:44:23 UTC
Years of drinkin cheap whiskey and smokin big cigars while playing in a juke joint in Memphis, Tn.

No, actually it's just one of those things that he can do. Great blues man.
preppy624
2007-05-14 19:55:54 UTC
Stormy Monday Blues is my joint!
2007-05-13 22:56:53 UTC